After months of work and anticipation, the winner of the Co.Labs and Target Retail Accelerator contest has been announced!
The challenged asked developers and designers tobuild a new kind of retail experience on top of Target’s e-commerce platform, going from a plan to a product in just 90 days. The winner? Social shopping app called Divvy, brought home the $75,000 grand prize.
Built by Team Pilot, Divvy is meant to make shopping more efficient- especially in a group setting. With features that make it easier to split bills, share copies of receipts, maintain shared transaction history, and earn rewards points, Divvy ultimately aims to lead to less trips to the store, less time wasted shopping, and a more transparent budget/expenditure situation for a family, group, or team.
Imagine a family out and about their daily activities. One family member decides to take a trip to Target. She can add other family members or friends to the shopping list, allowing them to contribute items. The family member at Target collects and buys the items, and the other family members or friends can settle up in-app, right away, along with receiving a copy of the itemized receipt and appropriately distributed rewards points.
Team Pilot was able to complete the app to such a degree that work is already underway to release it to the public under the official Target brand. It will be Target’s fourth mobile application.
This app seems so helpful for groups! People can add things to a shopping list while someone is in the store. Now if I could only convince my SO and my mom to get smartphones. That and have this app available for every store. Yes, that should be simple.
27 Notes/ Hide
- studio-md likes this
- eddiemarkets likes this
- hideousstrength likes this
- barcampsarasota reblogged this from fastcompany
- daisykwan likes this
- k8-hudson reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- ledartiste likes this
- riopella reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- kskovan likes this
- rev320productions reblogged this from fastcompany
- rev320productions likes this
- edwinverlaek reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- mercadeo-publicidad likes this
- absua likes this
- amithomus reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- amithomus likes this
- donjossy4life likes this
- ilovelucyy likes this
- abitoutofmyelement likes this
- lawrencehwng reblogged this from fastcompany
- dfong1 likes this
- gigidowns reblogged this from fastcompany and added:
- gigidowns likes this
- didomizio likes this
- the-new-wave likes this
- foxwithsocks likes this
- exhibita likes this
- fastcompany posted this